316 Harrison St

316 Harrison Street – The Scott House

This house is primarily Gothic Revival with a combination of Italianate and Eastlake Victorian styles. Built around 1887 by architect R.C. Burkholder, the house was owned by Charles W. Scott, founder of an early Lynchburg telephone company. Note the extensive and unusual cast iron work on the porches. Note the similarities between the houses at 316 Harrison and 413 Madison, both of which were designed by Mr. Burkholder.