413 Madison Street – The George Fleming House
The George Fleming House, circa 1880, was built by architect Robert C. Burkholder and is primarily Gothic Revival with a combination of Italianate and modified Eastlake Victorian styles. It is the oldest house in the 400 block. The 16-room house retains most of its original floor plan, interior walnut fretwork, mantels of slate, and its original turn of the century bathroom fixtures with clawfoot tubs and china sinks. Note the similarities between the houses at 413 Madison and 316 Harrison, both of which were designed by Mr. Burkholder.