300 Harrison Street – The Franklin House
Built in 1853, this Federal style house was the home of James Franklin, a private banker. The original structure consisted of four-over-four rooms. The two additional rooms to the right were added just before the turn of the century. During the 1850s, this home was occupied by the family of John William Murrell while their Italian Villa-style home was being built on the south corner of Harrison and Second Streets.